Mike Diamond of the Beastie Boys wanted a Brooklyn-inspired toile wallpaper to line the walls of his Cobble Hill brownstone. We executed his vision artistically and Flavor Paper to produce the design as wallpaper. Aside from occupying pride of place in Mike D’s home, Brooklyn Toile has been recognized by MoMA: Destination NYC, acquired by the Brooklyn Museum as part of their permanent collection, and featured by the likes of the New York Times. Images of the wallpaper have gone viral on social media platforms and design blogs around the world.
- The New York Times, Brooklyn Toile, Graffiti and All, April 18, 2012
- Apartment Therapy, Toile Goes Street, August 3, 2012
- Huffington Post, Beastie Boys' Mike D Helps Design Brooklyn Toile Wallpaper, August 17, 2012
- Fast Company, Beastie Boy Mike D Honors Brooklyn With A Streetwise Wallpaper, September 4, 2012
- New York Magazine, The Approval Matrix: Week of January 28, 2013, Our deliberately oversimplified guide to who falls where on our taste hierarchies, January 20, 2013
- The New York Times, Licensed to Grill: Mike D’s Brooklyn Town House, June 12, 2013
- Gizmodo, Cover Your Walls In Brooklyn With This Wallpaper By Beastie Boy Mike D, June 14, 2013